Why SAT Prep Works
The SATs are an integral part of the college entrance application process. These standardized tests assess a student’s understanding of an accepted set of concepts and, when combined with other elements of the application, provide college admissions officers the tools they need for determining the student’s potential for acceptance and merit awards.
NorthStar Tutors’ SAT Prep Flemington sessions provide local students an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the content, format, and timing of the SAT. A well-prepared student familiar with the SATs can be more relaxed and comfortable. Anxiety and stress are reduced, and this alone can lead to better test scores.
Reviewing Concepts with Flemington SAT Prep
As with any test, the key to doing well on the SATs is being prepared. Preparation is important to making sure students perform at their best possible level. Every student can improve with effort, dedication and review.
NorthStar Tutors’ SAT prep sessions aim to keep the information to be tested fresh in a student’s mind. Reviewing concepts covered over the course of a student’s academic career reinforces lessons learned and can make all the difference in their test scores.
What’s at Stake
SATs are still an important component of the college application process. Colleges and universities use these test scores in determining a student’s academic abilities, and in assessing the student’s readiness for admission to that school. Solid test scores can give a student the edge they need in the competitive college application process.
With NorthStar Tutors’ SAT prep, Flemington students become at ease with the essential parts of standardized tests—the multiple-choice question. The more experienced a student is with answering multiple-choice questions, the better they will perform. Our Flemington SAT prep tutors provide guidance on the best way to approach the multiple-choice question, both mechanically and in terms of subject material. NorthStar Tutors’ Flemington students will learn to develop critical thinking skills and how to
- Read the question completely before considering the answers,
- Read thoughtfully and think about a potential answer before relying on the multiple-choice options,
- Use the process of elimination to narrow down answers, and
- Deal with the dreaded “all of the above” and “none of the above” options.
SAT Prep Flemington Sessions Get Results
There are significant benefits to gain from NorthStar Tutors’ SAT Prep Flemington sessions. Our track record is impressive with a long list of college acceptances and scholarships awarded.
The goal of SAT prep tutoring is, of course, to increase SAT scores. However, there are many benefits to gain from our one-on-one SAT prep tutoring sessions:
- Increased confidence in approaching difficult problems,
- An increased comfort level in applying complex math formulas,
- Improved comprehension of verbal passages even when the vocabulary is not familiar,
- Outlined strategies to avoid sacrificing valuable test time,
- Guidance and encouragement to prevent the student from feeling overwhelmed,
- Increased motivation and reduced stress,
- An additional, positive presence in the life of the student, and
- Gaining life skills that can be used well beyond test day.